Monday, March 16, 2009

My Beat

The beat I chose to write about is the arts. i chose this beat mainly because It was interesting and there was a lot of different kids of things I could write about. I thought it would be a fun because I could go to a lot of different events and learn new things as well as get the info I needed to do my assignments. So far the two things I have done related to my beat is a news story and a feature story. For my news story i went to Side Show a play the university put on and for my feature story I wrote it about my sister who plays the piano and is trying out for a piano performence program at her college. I probably never would have gone to see the play if I didnt have an assignment, so I like this beat because it's allowing me to do different things I wouldn't do otherwise.

For future assignments the arts beat I think will be easy, to find things to write about. There is always something happenign involving arts on campus. I also have a couple friends who's majors involve the arts, so they know of a lot of things going on. It is also a really easy topic to write about and usually the sources are pretty willing to talk to me about what ever it is they're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment